If you experience any technical difficulties or questions about the submission form itself, please contact Submittable directly through this link: https://www.submittable.com/help/submitter/
Please complete your application by 11:59pm PST on January 31, 2023. Early submissions are strongly encouraged. Please review the 2023 PUP Application Guides on our website before starting your application. This form will request the following materials:
- Contact and Demographic Information - Name, email address, phone number, and mailing address, as well as information regarding housing and dietary considerations.
- Resume - This must include your contact information, current occupation, work history, education, and contact information for two references saved as a PDF file.
- Headshot - This must be a recent photo saved as a JPEG file.
- Artistic Statement - You will be asked to provide a response to the following three questions: 1. Are you a practicing puppeteer? 2. How do you plan to contribute to the Conference? 3. In 500 words or less, what is your mini-statement on puppetry?
- Pre-Conference or Main Conference? - You will be asked to select if you are interested in attending the Pre-Conference intensives, the Main Conference, or both.
- Strand Preference - We welcome you to select your first-choice and second-choice strands here. Please note that some strands have additional application requirements, outlined below. You MUST provide all required materials for BOTH your first and second choices.
- Additional Materials - Some strands require additional application materials. Please refer to the directions in the application below or review the application guides on the National Puppetry Conference website.
- Scholarship Information - Main Conference applicants are eligible to apply for scholarships to help offset the cost of tuition. If this applies to you, please rank the scholarships in order of applicability and provide additional information regarding your current financial situation. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer scholarships to Pre-Conference participants.
- Administrative Fee: The administrative fee for the 2023 National Puppetry Conference is $25. If this fee poses a barrier to you, please fill out this form to request a fee waiver before you begin your application.
Please carefully read the following before you apply:
- All staff, artists, and participants of O'Neill programs—including selected National Puppetry Conference participants—must be fully vaccinated with a booster shot before their arrival on campus.
- At the time of writing, we continue to follow federally mandated COVID-19 guidance for indoor performance venues. Performers on stage will not need to be masked. Audience members are encouraged but not required to be masked.
- While on campus, masks and social distancing are strongly encouraged in group settings—especially while indoors.
- If we discover an error in your application, the O'Neill will contact you through Submittable. You will have 48 hours to correct your materials. If your application is not corrected, it will be withdrawn from consideration and your fee will not be refunded. Otherwise, please expect to hear from us by April 2023 with an application status update.
- If you have any technical questions regarding the Submission form, login information, or payment, please contact Submittable directly through THIS LINK.
- If you have any questions regarding your application's content, please contact the O'Neill literary office at firstname.lastname@example.org.