If you have any technical questions regarding the Submission form, login information, or payment, please contact Submittable at email@example.com.
Please review the submission guidelines on the National Musical Theater Conference website. Please note that all submissions are in consideration for in-person development and, if necessary, a digital format of development. If you think that your work will not thrive in a potential digital version of our process, we completely understand and hope you'll consider submitting your work in future years.
You will be asked to provide the following materials:
- A single PDF of the first 30 pages of your book or script. This document should be named after the title of your piece. You are welcome to include a character breakdown and synopsis in the front matter of this document. Be sure to include page numbers, and feel free to include a page or two over the limit to avoid breaking up a scene. If any of your demo tracks fall within these first 30 pages, please note where they begin.
- A single PDF of your full tracklist for your entire piece, including all songs outside of your five submitted demos. Include the full title of each song, character names, and the page number of the script where each track begins — even if it falls outside of the first 30 pages.
- Up to five demos tracks in show order. Be sure to include the track number and song title in the name of each file. You are welcome to include demos that fall outside your 30-page script sample--please upload the demos in show order. You may upload as little as one file. You may not upload more than five files.
- A short biographical statement for each creative artist on your team.
- A Statement of Objectives for your piece.
- A Developmental History of your submission.
- A short Synopsis of your piece.
- A Character Breakdown for your piece. Please list character name, vocal/instrumental requirements, doubling schemes, and any necessary identifying trait including but not limited to age, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, ability, etc.
- Additional Information: Be prepared to provide your contact information and, if applicable, that of your representation. If you are adapting a piece that is not in the public domain, please email a copy of your rights to the work to firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting your application. You may also include a link to one or two videos of your demos in performance, but please do NOT link to a video recording of the entire piece.
- Make sure to settle the $35 application fee at the end of the application form.
- For our evaluation purposes, we do not accept or require scores.
Due to the high volume of submissions that the National Music Theater Conference receives annually, we ask that you carefully review the following:
- You must adhere to all stated guidelines to ensure your application is complete.
- If an error is discovered upon review of your submission, the O'Neill Literary Office will reach out to you directly. You will have 48 hours to update your application with the corrected material. If your application is not amended within that window, it will be withdrawn, and your fee will not be refunded.
Please complete your application by 11:59pm PST on October 30, 2020.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact the O'Neill Literary Office at email@example.com.