If you have any technical questions about the submission form, login information, or fee payment, contact Submittable directly at email@example.com.
Please complete your application by 11:59pm PST on February 28, 2020. Early submissions are highly encouraged.
The application to the 2020 National Puppetry Conference will request the following materials:
- Contact Information - Name, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- Resume - This must include your contact information, current occupation, work history, education, and two references saved as a PDF file.
- Headshot - This must be a recent photo saved as a JPEG file.
- Artistic Statement - You will be asked to provide a response to the following three questions: 1. Are you a practicing puppeteer? 2. How do you plan to contribute to the Conference? 3. In 500 words or less, what is your Mini-Manifesto on Puppetry?
- Strand Preference - Indicate your interest in attending the Pre-Conference and/or the Main Conference, and select your preferred Strands. Please note that each Strand may have additional application requirements. You MUST provide all required materials for BOTH your first and second choices.
- Emerging Artist and Music Composition Applicants - Some additional application materials are required for these strands. Please refer to the directions in the application below or review the Application Preplists on the O'Neill's website, linked here.
- Main Conference Scholarship Information - If interested, rank the Main Conference scholarships in order of applicability and provide some information regarding your current financial situation.
- Housing Information - List any food allergies, dietary restrictions, or special housing requirements as applicable.
- $35 Application Fee - Settle this fee at the end of the application form via debit card, credit card, or PayPal. If this fee poses a financial barrier to you, please note that a limited number of fee waivers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact the O'Neill literary office at firstname.lastname@example.org before you begin your application to request a waiver.
Due to the high volume of submissions that the National Puppetry Conference receives annually, we ask that you carefully review the following:
- You must adhere to all stated guidelines to ensure your application is complete.
- If an error is discovered upon review of your submission, the O'Neill literary office will reach out to you directly. You will have 48 hours to update your application with the corrected material. If your application is not amended within that window, it will be withdrawn and your fee will not be refunded.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact the O'Neill literary office at email@example.com or (860) 443-5378 x 227.